600 runners lace up their sneakers for Brooklyn Fall Half MarathonPosted: Updated:
Hundreds of runners hit the pavement Sunday for a half-marathon in Prospect Park.
About 600 people participated in the Brooklyn Fall Half Marathon hosted by Citytri.
The organization hosts several half-marathons throughout the year.
This race is 13.1 miles and consists of four loops that are 3.3 miles long around Prospect Park.
Yi Wang crossed the finish line in first place after an hour and 20 minutes.
Jan Triani was the first woman to finish.
"I had no idea that I was in first place. I was just out there doing my thing. My mother-in-law passed away this week so I felt like she was at my shoulder. It was really special," said Triani.
Last year, the first male runner to cross the finish line did it in an hour and 12 minutes. The first woman finished about 12 minutes after that.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Since 1984, The Black Lady Theatre has been home to activism and the arts, and now its future is up in the air.
- A New Jersey family received the surprise of a lifetime – twice – thanks to Ellen DeGeneres.A New Jersey family received the surprise of a lifetime – twice – thanks to Ellen DeGeneres.
- Seniors at the Carmine Carro Community Center in Marine Park are leading an effort to install parking spots
- New York Yankees great Derek Jeter headlines this year's Baseball Hall of Fame class, slated for induction July 26.
- Following several deadly accidents along Brooklyn's busiest corridors, 3rd and Hamilton avenues are seeing some changes to their speed limits.
- Sights and scenes from the 2020 SAG AwardsSights and scenes from the 2020 SAG Awards
- Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.
- News 12 Brooklyn wants to announce your wedding.News 12 Brooklyn wants to announce your wedding.
- A 6.4-magnitude earthquake struck Puerto Rico, killing one man, injuring at least eight other people and collapsing buildings in the southern part of the island.
- It's a celebration! Is your or a loved one's birthday coming up? Let us know! Send us your photos and you could end up on air and News12.com!