Winter Weather ADVISORY in effect for:
At least 50 cars have tires slashed along Shore Road in Bay RidgePosted: Updated:
At least 50 cars were vandalized over the weekend in Bay Ridge, according to police.
Dozens of people woke up Sunday morning to find their tires slashed and their cars badly damaged along Shore Road between Bay Ridge Avenue and Bay Ridge Parkway
Police are searching for a man seen on surveillance photo. The picture was released overnight by the NYPD. They believe whoever this person is may be responsible for what happened. The weekend incident wasn’t the first time Bay Ridge car owners have dealt with this.
In fact, News 12 spoke to Gale Young earlier this week who says her car was scratched and her tires punctured a few weeks ago while it was parked on Shore Road between 88th Street and Narrows Road.
She and others, including city leaders, are calling on the city to install lighting in the area.
Bay ridge resident Erica Schmidt found her car tires slashed Wednesday morning.
"My grandmother just passed away. So, just one more thing added to to the mix," says Schmidt.
The Department of Transportation told News 12 that they will be installing more lighting along Shore Road in the new year.
The NYPD has increased police presence and patrols in the area.
Anyone with information is asked to call police.
- Police are on the hunt for the person responsible for a string of robberies in the borough.Police are on the hunt for the person responsible for a string of robberies in the borough.
- A woman has died after being struck by a vehicle in Bensonhurst Thursday morning, police say.A woman has died after being struck by a vehicle in Bensonhurst Thursday morning, police say.
- Shots broke out outside a Bushwick elementary school Wednesday morning.Shots broke out outside a Bushwick elementary school Wednesday morning.
- A man is wanted for breaking into a home in Park Slope last Friday.A man is wanted for breaking into a home in Park Slope last Friday.
- A vandal was caught on camera using a brick to try and break into a car in Flatbush over the weekend.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Snow is on tap for this weekend, with the heaviest accumulation in the evening.Snow is on tap for this weekend, with the heaviest accumulation in the evening.
- Former Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett is going to join the coaching staff for Big Blue, ESPN's Ed Werder says.
- Local leaders are demanding answers after a Bensonhurst woman's life was tragically cut short after a hit-and-run.
- Staff from four schools within the Diocese of Brooklyn met at St. Joseph the Worker Catholic Academy to learn how to respond to a potential active shooter.
- Brooklyn rapper Pop Smoke was in federal court after being arrested on charges that he transported a stolen Rolls Royce across the state lines.
- According to the National Retail Federation, Americans were expected to spend $490 million on costumes for their pets this past Halloween. But there's another special day to celebrate your furry friend!
- The National Board of Review assembled many of the regulars of this year’s awards season in the annual, untelevised gala dinner at Cipriani’s 42nd Street in midtown Manhattan.
- The stars of the film "Like a Boss" hit the red carpet Tuesday in New York City for the premiere.The stars of the film "Like a Boss" hit the red carpet Tuesday in New York City for the premiere.
- Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.
- A 6.4-magnitude earthquake struck Puerto Rico, killing one man, injuring at least eight other people and collapsing buildings in the southern part of the island.