Winter Weather ADVISORY in effect for:
Gospel Center to hold fundraising concert to pay for new boilerPosted: Updated:
The Gospel Center's old boiler broke down at the end of last winter. Once mortgage payments piled up, they had no money left to fix it.
The boiler has already been installed thanks to a loan, but News 12 is told they need to raise $6,000 to repay the debt.
About half a dozen gospel singers will take the stage Saturday with all donations going towards paying for the new boiler.
"It's a big sanctuary but we don't have that many members so we have to put the money where it's needed," said Minister Diedre Van Coote. "And with winter coming now it's so cold, it's more an urgent situation and we can't do it by ourselves."
The concert is set to take place at 6:30 p.m.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Sources confirmed with News 12 that one of the people shot inside a kosher grocery store in Jersey City was from Brooklyn.
- A storm that's bringing rain to the borough to start the week could deliver a burst of snowfall Wednesday morning, potentially making for a messy commute.
- The National Weather Service has issued an advisory from 3 a.m. until 11 a.m.The National Weather Service has issued an advisory from 3 a.m. until 11 a.m.
- President Bill Clinton visited New York City Tuesday to check out some of the work supported by the Clinton Foundation.
- Cardi B was back in court Tuesday in connection to a fight that happened at a Queens strip club last year.