Coastal Flood STATEMENT in effect for:
Residents stock up on supplies ahead of wintry weatherPosted: Updated:
Brooklyn residents are preparing for the season's first round of winter weather.
Shoppers hit Brooklyn's Best Locksmith and Hardware in Flatlands Saturday to stock up on supplies.
A lot of the store's inventory was stocked outside, like bags on salt and buckets on ice melting products.
The store also got in 1,200 shovels to prepare.
The hardware store is extending its Black Friday deals through the end of the weekend because of the storm.
News 12 meteorologists say the storm that's hitting the area Sunday into Monday will bring snow to areas north of New York City. The borough is currently expected to get a slushy coating of snow Sunday before a changeover to rain, followed by another slushy coating on Monday.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- An 85-year-old was fatally stabbed last Thursday night in East Flatbush, according to police.An 85-year-old was fatally stabbed Thursday night in East Flatbush, according to police.
- The On Barre - Barre Method works your lower body, including your thighs, glutes, hamstrings and calves.The On Barre - Barre Method works your lower body, including your thighs, glutes, hamstrings and calves.
- National Florida Day recognizes the 27th state to join the United States.National Florida Day recognizes the 27th state to join the United States.
- The National Transportation Safety Board says that they have determined what caused a tourist helicopter to crash into the East River, killing five people on board.
- A new banking development district is coming to Ocean Hill and Brownsville.A new banking development district is coming to Ocean Hill and Brownsville.
- Sights and scenes from the 2020 SAG AwardsSights and scenes from the 2020 SAG Awards
- Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.
- News 12 Brooklyn wants to announce your wedding.News 12 Brooklyn wants to announce your wedding.
- A 6.4-magnitude earthquake struck Puerto Rico, killing one man, injuring at least eight other people and collapsing buildings in the southern part of the island.
- It's a celebration! Is your or a loved one's birthday coming up? Let us know! Send us your photos and you could end up on air and News12.com!