5-year-old struck by car near school in East FlatbushPosted: Updated:
A 5-year-old child was struck by a car Wednesday morning near a school in East Flatbush.
The incident happened around 7:30 a.m. First responders found the child conscious, but with bumps and bruises. News 12 is told the 5-year-old was taken to Maimonides Medical Center and is expected to be OK.
Police say the child was struck by an SUV. They say the 38-year-old driver of the vehicle was driving southbound on New York Avenue when the child was hit mid-block. The driver stayed on the scene and is cooperating with police. Police have made no arrests regarding the incident at this time.
Some residents are concerned that speeding may have been an issue because they say it is a problem in the area. City data shows that just last year, there were at least five accidents on New York Avenue between Snyder and Tilden avenues.
Brooklyn Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- A vicious attack on restaurant workers in Flatbush was caught on camera, police say.A vicious attack on restaurant workers in Flatbush was caught on camera, police say.
- Tragedia en NJ: Muere niño que cayó en lago congelado.Tragedia en NJ: Muere niño que cayó en lago congelado.
- A Bushwick couple who felt places for people of color and the queer community were lacking has started their own community space.
- Here's a look at what's going on this weekend in Brooklyn.Here's a look at what's going on this weekend in Brooklyn.
- New animated comedy on HBO Max pokes fun at British royal family
- Sights and scenes from the 2020 SAG AwardsSights and scenes from the 2020 SAG Awards
- Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.Here's a list of some highly anticipated movies coming out in 2020.
- News 12 Brooklyn wants to announce your wedding.News 12 Brooklyn wants to announce your wedding.
- A 6.4-magnitude earthquake struck Puerto Rico, killing one man, injuring at least eight other people and collapsing buildings in the southern part of the island.