At least 5 hospitalized with light headedness from high carbon monoxide levels in Bed-Stuy

At least five people were hospitalized and multiple buildings in Bed-Stuy were evacuated due to high carbon monoxide levels on Sunday.

News 12 Staff

Feb 17, 2020, 4:25 PM

Updated 1,580 days ago

Share:

At least five people were hospitalized and multiple buildings in Bed-Stuy were evacuated due to high carbon monoxide levels on Sunday.
First responders say the incident happened at 947 and 949 Gates Avenue.
A spokesperson for National Grid says the people were experiencing light headedness.
The spokesperson also told News 12 that high levels were caused by a faulty appliance.
The scene was eventually deemed safe.
 


More from News 12