Bed-Stuy fire sends tenants out into the cold

Several Bed-Stuy tenants were sent out into the cold after flames broke out in their six-story building.  Emergency responders were called to a first-floor apartment on Marcus Garvey Boulevard before

News 12 Staff

Jan 8, 2015, 5:43 PM

Updated 3,429 days ago

Share:

Bed-Stuy fire sends tenants out into the cold
Several Bed-Stuy tenants were sent out into the cold after flames broke out in their six-story building. 
Emergency responders were called to a first-floor apartment on Marcus Garvey Boulevard before 5 a.m. Thursday. 
One of its residents says flames were coming from the stove, and admits she may have forgotten to turn it off after cooking. She says everything inside the apartment was destroyed, and there was also some damage to the neighboring units. 
At least 10 people were out on the street for about an hour in the bitter cold until the fire was under control. 
Ice has since formed on the sidewalk and street from the water used to put out the blaze. 
No injuries were reported. 


More from News 12