Compactor fire injures multiple people at Mitchel Houses in Mott Haven

The FDNY responded to a compactor fire that injured multiple people Monday at the Mitchel Houses in Mott Haven.
FDNY marshals responded to a compactor fire at 300 East 138th St. They say this is common but that they have just begun the investigation. 
News 12 received reports that people had been trapped inside because of the fire. Citizen App video showed a resident waving something out of their window to draw attention. 
A resident tells News 12 she’s frustrated to learn there was a compactor fire because trash has been a hot topic at the building. The woman tells News 12 that the trash compactor chutes were sealed closed Sunday. 
Two residents were treated at the scene, and two other residents are being treated at NYC Health + Hospitals/Lincoln.