North Flatbush Avenue BID raises money for restaurant damaged during fire

A neighborhood is coming together to raise money for the employees of Morgan's BBQ and residents living in apartments above it after a fire damaged the restaurant about a month ago.
Matthew Glazier says he watched his restaurant go up in flames as smoke shot out from the roof, leaving the apartments charred.
He tells News 12 that throughout the pandemic, business was far from booming. The North Flatbush Avenue Business Improvement District offered to help by starting a GoFundMe.
James Ellis tells News 12 that the North Flatbush Avenue BID didn't hesitate to reach out to restaurant staff and residents right away.
So far, $3,300 has been raised with the goal of $15,000.
Glazier says the restaurant's doors are sealed shut and he expects it to stay that way based on the amount of damage the fire caused on the inside.