Officials: Ruptured natural gas line causes fire in Williamsburg

Officials say a ruptured natural gas line sparked a fire in Williamsburg Tuesday afternoon.

News 12 Staff

Mar 5, 2019, 11:34 PM

Updated 1,875 days ago

Share:

Officials: Ruptured natural gas line causes fire in Williamsburg
Officials say a ruptured natural gas line sparked a fire in Williamsburg Tuesday afternoon.
The fire was sparked at Broadway and Kent Avenue near the base of the Williamsburg Bridge. Officials say three people were sent to the hospital with injuries that did not appear life-threatening.
News 12 is told that fire crews were still on the scene late Tuesday night.
National Grid told News 12 in part, "Crews have made sure the area is safe, there is no immediate danger to the public. Crews are in the process of making remote openings to secure the section of main to stop the gas flow and the flame, further investigate and make repairs."


More from News 12