Officials warn at-risk New Yorkers to stay home and get tested
City and state health officials have issued a warning to at-risk New Yorkers.
The warning is directed at older New Yorkers and those with underlying conditions.
The mayor and city officials are asking those individuals to stay home as much as possible.Mayor Bill de Blasio said Wednesday if you are 65 and older or have underlying health conditions to stay home.
The latest numbers from the governor’s office show the current seven-day average for positive test results reported at 4.13% in the Bronx and 2.89% in Brooklyn.
Some health officials say the number of people getting tested has been lower than they’d seen prior to Thanksgiving.
NYC Health + Hospitals officials say their ICU is about 2/3 full, and while they’re not overwhelmed, they say they are asking people to take precautions and wear face coverings, social distance and get tested.
News 12 is told 25 new testing sites opened last week with more still to come.