Teens involved in viral subway brawl meet with Brooklyn DA

Several of the teenagers involved in the police-involved subway brawl in Downtown Brooklyn that went viral last month met with Brooklyn District Attorney Eric Gonzalez Thursday.

The video from late last month shows two teenagers being punched by a police officer at the Jay Street-MetroTech Subway Station, and has drawn condemnation from many activists who are now calling for justice.

“We are here because an officer lost control,” said a protester rallying for the teens. “We are here because an officer used force as a first resort and not a last one.”

Police tell News 12 that fight broke out between two large groups and continued into the Jay Street-MetroTech station, with several of the teens resisting arrest and one even attacking police.

Authorities arrested three 18-year-old men, one 16-year-old girl and another 15-year-old boy.
MORE: Teen files lawsuit against city, NYPD over brawl at Jay Street-MetroTech station
MORE: Altercation between police, teens caught on camera in Downtown Brooklyn goes viral

Benjamin Marshall, 15, says he is the teen who is seen being punched in the head. His attorney, Sanford Rubenstein, says Marshall and the teenagers are fully cooperating with a newly launched investigation as to whether police used excessive force. 

Rubenstein says they've filed a notice of claim against the city for $5 million.

A spokesperson for the district attorney says Thursday’s meeting about the ongoing investigation was productive.