What's Cooking: Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace's rigatoni alla norma
Chef Giovanni Farruggio, of Uncle Giuseppe's Marketplace, shows News 12's Lily Stolzberg how to make rigatoni alla norma.
• Large Eggplant
• 1 lb. Rigatoni
• 1&½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 32oz Filetto di Pomodoro sauce
• 2 cups Shredded Ricotta Salata
• 6 Basil leaves (cut in to ribbons)
• 1tbs Kosher Salt
• 6 cloves garlic (sliced)
1. Cut Eggplant into large dice and place in a mixing bowl.
2. Add 1 cup of oil, 1tbs of salt and toss until all of the eggplant is coated in oil.
3. Place the contents of the bowl on a paper lined sheet pan and roast at 350 deg for 30 mins.
4. Cook the pasta in salted water for two minutes or as directed on package.
5. Once pasta is cooked to your liking, cool and set aside.
6. In a sauté pan heat oil and add the sliced garlic.
7. Once garlic is golden brown add the Filetto di Pomodoro sauce.
8. Add the roasted eggplant and sauté for another 3-5 min.
9. Add half of the Ricotta Salata and all of the Basil.
10. Add pasta and toss.
11. Plate and garnish with the remainder of the Ricotta Salata.