11 people hospitalized in CO leak at Crown Heights building

Authorities say 11 people were hospitalized Sunday morning due to a carbon monoxide leak at a residential building in Crown Heights.

News 12 Staff

Feb 24, 2019, 3:18 PM

Updated 1,966 days ago

Share:

11 people hospitalized in CO leak at Crown Heights building
Authorities say 11 people were hospitalized Sunday morning due to a carbon monoxide leak at a residential building in Crown Heights.
Emergency crews responded to the scene around 7:45 a.m. at 16-15 Lincoln Place.
Sources say three of the people hospitalized are in serious, life-threatening condition. The other eight patients are expected to be OK.
All the patients were being treated at Weill Cornell Medical Center.
National Grid says the incident was caused by poor maintenance of a flue pipe, which was disconnected from the water heater and boiler.
The landlord of the property and the Buildings Department are working on a fix.


More from News 12