Apartment fire leaves family without electricity

A family in Brooklyn says they are scared for their safety after being left without power following a fire in their apartment. Valerie Rose, a tenant at the SurfSide Gardens NYCHA apartments, says

News 12 Staff

Dec 28, 2015, 4:24 AM

Updated 3,039 days ago

Share:

Apartment fire leaves family without electricity
A family in Brooklyn says they are scared for their safety after being left without power following a fire in their apartment.
Valerie Rose, a tenant at the SurfSide Gardens NYCHA apartments, says that a fire broke out in her family's apartment in their fuse box.
"I called emergency services," Rose says. "They said I should have called 911 first. We shouldn't have to live like this in NYCHA."
Rose's family says they don't have electricity and aren't able to cook anything.
They say if the fuse box isn't repaired soon, a new fire could spark.


More from News 12