Authorities: Extension cord linked to deadly Hale Avenue fire

<p>Authorities says a deadly Hale Avenue fire Sunday was started accidentally due to electrical wiring linked to an extension cord.</p>

News 12 Staff

Oct 1, 2018, 11:21 PM

Updated 2,026 days ago

Share:

Authorities says a deadly Hale Avenue fire Sunday was started accidentally due to electrical wiring linked to an extension cord.
They also say no smoke alarms were present at the two-story house that caught on fire.
According to officials, the fire broke out around 10:30 a.m. and started on the second story.
A 24-year-old man was found unresponsive and was rushed to Brookdale Hospital where he was pronounced dead, reports say.
An unidentified woman was also found at the scene where she is in critical condition at Brookdale Hospital.


More from News 12