Judge keeps bail high for 8-year-old's suspected shooter

The new witness that stepped forward in the case of the shooting of an 8-year-old in Soundview last week was not enough to convince the judge to reduce the alleged shooter?s $250,000 bail to $5,000.

News 12 Staff

Mar 2, 2012, 2:17 AM

Updated 4,425 days ago

Share:

Judge keeps bail high for 8-year-old's suspected shooter
The new witness that stepped forward in the case of the shooting of an 8-year-old in Soundview last week was not enough to convince the judge to reduce the alleged shooter?s $250,000 bail to $5,000.
Eduardo Rodriquez, 15, is accused of shooting Armando Vigo at a Soundview Deli last week. A new witness has come forward with photographs that show the scene of the crime, but do not show Rodriquez there. The evidence challenges the district attorney's argument that the first witness saw him clearly.
Rodriquez's attorney, Amy Galicchio, says the DA is refusing to reveal the identity of the witness who says Rodriquez is the shooter.
Rodriquez is expected to be back in court March 28 where he will face eight felony counts, including attempted murder.


More from News 12