Police: 3 construction workers injured in Prospect Lefferts Gardens electrical fire
An electrical fire Friday injured three construction workers in Prospect Lefferts Gardens, police say.
Police say firefighters were able to get the fire at Clarkson and Rogers avenues under control around noon.
The injured workers only suffered minor injuries and were taken to a hospital.
Citizen video shows an FDNY ladder stretched out to one of the affected building’s top floors, while construction workers were seen inside with hard hats on.
News 12 crews did notice many exposed wires in a gated area.
“I can’t imagine how they would get electrocuted in a new building like this,” said Samuel, who lives near the site of the fire. “And it’s supposed to be safety precautions that [are] supposed to oversee everything. I can’t understand.”
Workers remained at the scene after the fire was put out, with some going on inside, but it’s unclear if work on the building has resumed.