Woman dies in Bed-Stuy fire

<p>A woman is dead following a fire that broke out Saturday in Bed-Stuy.</p>

News 12 Staff

Aug 26, 2018, 2:48 PM

Updated 2,063 days ago

Share:

A woman is dead following a fire that broke out Saturday in Bed-Stuy.
Fire crews say they responded to the call just before 7 p.m. Saturday at 479 Quincy St.
Firefighters removed Elizabeth Mahone, 79, from the basement. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
The FDNY says a smoking accident caused the fire.
Mahone was the homeowner of the apartment.
The FDNY says the apartment did not have any smoke detectors.


More from News 12