FDNY: Careless smoking caused fatal Bedford Park fire

The FDNY says that a fatal fire in Bedford Park on Monday night was started by careless smoking. Joanna Govanail, 70, was killed when flames broke out inside her 205th Street studio apartment where

News 12 Staff

Apr 11, 2012, 4:39 PM

Updated 4,393 days ago

Share:

FDNY: Careless smoking caused fatal Bedford Park fire
The FDNY says that a fatal fire in Bedford Park on Monday night was started by careless smoking.
Joanna Govanail, 70, was killed when flames broke out inside her 205th Street studio apartment where she lived alone. Officials say that a woman living above Govanail was taken to the hospital due to smoke in the building.
The building's super says that fire damage to Govanail's apartment has made it unlivable.


More from News 12