Fire prompts evacuation of Parkchester apartment building

Residents were evacuated from a Parkchester apartment building fire this morning.
News 12 was told the fire at 1280 Commonwealth Ave. started around 3 a.m. Smoke can be seen coming out of the fifth floor.
Two firefighters were transported to a hospital after responding to the fire. One resident was treated for injuries at the scene.
Residents believe the fire was caused by electric bicycles, and that it has spread to the sixth floor of the building.
“Around 3 in the morning, it was two e-bikes that were charging, and they exploded and set on fire,” one resident told News 12.
The FDNY has not yet confirmed the cause of the fire.