Gas leak causes manhole fire in Pelham Parkway

Neighbors in the area told News 12 that they heard a loud noise before their lights started flickering on and off.

News 12 Staff

May 15, 2023, 9:31 PM

Updated 396 days ago

Share:

A manhole fire broke out in the Bronx on Monday afternoon at an apartment building by the intersection of Bolton Street and Lydig Avenue. 
Residents of the apartment building say they are still waiting to re-enter their building, adding that the FDNY entered the building and opened up windows to clear out the carbon monoxide in the building. 
Neighbors in the area told News 12 that they heard a loud noise before their lights started flickering on and off. The FDNY quickly responded to put the fire out, and Con Edison says that the cause of the fire was due to a failed electrical underground cable.  
Thankfully, no one was injured or needed to be evacuated by emergency services from the apartments.


More from News 12