Gas leak forces evacuations of at least 3 buildings in Kensington

Brooklyn residents were forced out of their homes in the cold Friday night after a gas leak in Kensington. 
The gas leak on Stratford Road resulted in residents being evacuated. 
The FDNY tells News 12 there were elevated carbon monoxide readings which forced the evacuation of tenants from at least three buildings. 
Residents tell News 12 they started to smell smoke but weren’t sure where it was coming soon. 
The MTA rounded up a few buses to let evacuees stay warm while repairs were being made. 
Everyone had to abandon their belongings and leave with whatever they were wearing—that included four-legged members of the family.
Residents were being let back into their homes Friday evening.