Mother of Lesandro 'Junior' Guzman Feliz outraged after defendants offered plea deals in murder case

The mother of Lesandro 'Junior' Guzman Feliz is outraged after discovering that the defendants in her son’s murder case may get plea deals in exchange for less time in prison.
Leandra Feliz fears that the individuals allegedly responsible for the brutal 2018 killing of her 15-year-old son may end up back on the street within six years.
On Tuesday, Danel Fernandez, Luis Cabrera Santos and Gabriel Ramirez Concepcion were each offered plea deals.
Fernandez was offered 18 years behind bars followed by five years of supervision. Santos and Ramirez Concepcion were offered 12 years in prison followed by five years of supervision, contingent upon them pleading guilty to first-degree manslaughter.
While the plea deals upset her, Leandra says if they don't move in this direction, they risk a jury finding them not guilty and allowing them to walk free. She says she is putting her faith in the justice system, although she fears what kind of message this will send.
"I’m afraid in the future, six years later, they're gonna come out and continue doing gang activities and kill somebody else,” she said.
So far, 14 people have been indicted for Feliz’s murder and seven have been convicted. Fernandez, Santos, and Ramirez Concepcion are due back in court on Nov. 30. Another three defendants will appear in court Friday.